Sunday, December 4, 2011

Mom turns 97 on December 5, 2011

How amazing it is to still have a parent this long! I have had her in my life for 65 years in just 15 days. Actually - it has been longer for her, since she had to carry l'il ol' me for about nine additional months! I have been told I was an easy birth and that I emerged into the world before sunset. I made my Mom miss Christmas as they kept mothers in the hospital much longer than today! Oh, well - I didn't know that at the time. 


So just how does a child - now adult -  celebrate such a day? What does one need at such an advanced age? I know - just love and a mutual sharing of stories and remembrances with food and beverage as an anchor or maybe a facilitator.


Well, that's the plan and I will endeavor to be "fun" and a little taunting! It is, after all, just something I do in our ongoing relationship. And we will laugh....


Like the season of Advent, I wait in anticipation of this special time. Thus I
will create new memories to tide me over after this joint life evolves into the
promised  new life that comes when our earthly life together is at an end.


Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....


R

No comments:

Post a Comment