Sunday, December 11, 2011

Loss and Holiday Misfortunes

Today I heard of an accident to a dearly departed friend's son. I don't yet
know what the prognosis for recovery is, but in brings me to the question
of how at holiday times these things seem to touch us more deeply. I have other friends making their sojourn to a dear Aunt's final days. Another great mentor and beloved relative is passing from this life to the promised life beyond life as we perceive it. 


And as is typical of holiday times, I enjoin the memory process  of considering those no longer with me who have given so much to me without knowing the preciousness of their gift, and further those who are continuing to gift me with their presence in my life.


I guess this is a thank you to those who touch my life with a carefree loving
way and to whom I have not expressed the gratitude that I hold within. That is the loss I feel this season. It is not so much a misfortune as I know it for the gift it is. The misfortune is not acknowledging it. 


Hmmm, this is part of what Advent is about after all. I still have work to do.


R

No comments:

Post a Comment