Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Part the second - New Chapter?

Today - my first Social Security check arrived. I am feeling more fully
retired now, at least I feel I should feel this way. Funny - but last night
I was on line at linkedin and sent out over sixty invitations to join my
personal network. You know, its a way of being in touch with folks you might not friend on facebook because the relationship is a little different.
Wow - some people actually jumped in on the prospect of being on my and therefore expanding their networks. Is that a sign of the economic times or
something more? I don't know.

But a dear friend replied that she did not choose to join my network since
she believed I was retired and not offering myself to the employment market.
I replied that perhaps I just might want to be considered or might be
considering some part time work to add something to my coffers. I still don't have a personal answer to her query.

So, the question sits. And an old song title comes from my inner being...
"What are you doing for the rest of your life?" And the answer is -
How the hell do I know? I am just being, just now. And is that all so bad?

R

No comments:

Post a Comment