Saturday, January 14, 2012

New Chapter?

This past week my first pension check arrived. Next week my first Social Security infusion arrives. That makes me retired, I guess. Since the phone isn't ringing and I'm not pursuing a new position - I am finally at leisure.
My job ended in early July, so until the present time I have just been either unemployed or practicing retirement. Perhaps the latter option is closer to reality.

But just what makes one retired? Who defines that? And what might be the
required criteria that one would choose to hear? Well, my ears are deaf to that! I'm just trudging forward as usual. There really is no actual, definable difference in my life except that I no longer have to commute too many miles, worry where to park the car and then labor in a position that is really not that rewarding.

Ah, there is a difference. I get to choose every minute of my future. I can waste or use time as I see fit (or fitless!) One might say I finally have
control of my options and therefore I get to write my next chapters.

Oh to be sure, there are the same financial worries, but some things just don't change. The BIGGIE is the "control" piece. And in that is all the difference!



R

No comments:

Post a Comment