Saturday, November 26, 2011

Just sittin' and wondrin'

Earlier today, I was making my presence known on or to my sofa. I was
glibly staring out my window onto the flooded salt marsh as the tide
had begun to recede. I call this idling, and often a way of just passing time -
but then I think about what I am seeing and something else emerges in
my deeper self. My attention is drawn to the dappled light reflecting off the
water as it begins its transit to its greater self. I am engaged anew. Is it
just the beauty of the reflected light or something else? I ponder. I watch.
I wait. I just observe as if I have never witnessed this unseen miracle of
nature's ever evolving life. 


How often do we just look and never wonder? Today I was mesmerized, a moment I thought was just wasted. After all, there were untold numbers of
solitaire games to play on my computer. I was glad I stopped and watched.


Tomorrow it the first Sunday of Advent. I began my watch a day early. I 
sensed something greater in nature was being offered to me and I stopped,
waited, watched, drank in all that was offered. And for that hesitation and giving of myself to a greater offering, I am glad.


R

No comments:

Post a Comment